- Product News
- Scaffolding Formwork Aluminum Products Series Steel Coil Safety Netting Phone Booth Steel Pipe Steel Structure Spherical Aluminum Powder
Requirements Before Erecting Scaffolding
Before the erection of the scaffolding system, what should we do?
For the workers, we need some training requirements. As the employee is involved in erecting, dismantling, moving, operating, repairing, maintaining or inspecting a Scaffolding. It requires the employer to have each employee trained by a competent person to recognize any hazards associated with the work in question.
The falling hazards include: ·
1) The nature of scaffolding hazards.
2) The correct procedures for erecting, disassembling, moving, operating, repairing, inspecting, and maintaining the type of scaffolds being used.
3) The design criteria, maximum intended load-carrying capacity, and the intended use of the scaffolding system.
In addition to the requirements of the workers, we also have some requirements for the Scaffolding System: ·
1) The scaffolds’ safety training must be included in the accident prevention program. Erecting, dismantling, using, and maintain scaffolding is part of their work operations.
2) Scaffolding should be designed and supplied by a qualified professional scaffolding manufacturer.
3) The employer must ensure that the scaffold and its components are capable of supporting, without deformation or other failures, not less than four times the maximum intended load.
4) Scaffolding and scaffolding components must be inspected for visible defects by a competent person before each work shift and after any occurrence that could affect a scaffolding’s structural integrity.